How are you all? Long time no see. Missed you all so much. I know I missed so many good ideas, recipes and write-ups. So I’m back, to be with you all, along with my stories and recipes.
Today I’m going to share how to make til ke ladoo at home. Believe me its one of the easiest and quickest way.You just need two main ingredients; Jaggery and Sesame seeds.And these two are usually readily and easily available at home.
My mom used to make sesame Ladoos but it was really a tedious process. I liked to feast upon them when ever she used to make them.They are my favorites so when ever I would go home my mother would make them for me. I never tried making them on my own because mere the thought of making them would change my mind. It was during this lockdown that I tried making it myself. This is really a very very easy method and ladoos made by this method are really soft and have a long shelf life.
Jaggery’s always been a part of my diet as its a perfect sugar replacement. Eating jaggery increases total haemoglobin, which is important for maintaining a good immune system. So it can be immensely useful in boosting our body’s immunity. And as we all kno sesame seeds are loaded with protein, calcium, iron and magnesium. So including it in our diet helps strengthen bones,boost hair quality, control blood sugar and keeps skin healthy.
Now let’s move on to the recipe. The ingredients required are listed below.
Ingredients required –
Ghee-1 and 1/2 cup
Dry fruits- cashews and almonds 1tbsp each
Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
1.Place a wok on low flame and dry roast dry fruits, if you are adding.
2. Transfer dry fruits onto a plate when they become fragrant. Let it cool down completely.Now grind it into coarse powder in a mixer grinder.
3. In the same wok dry roast sesame seeds on low flame, stirring occasionally, till they turn slightly brown in colour or become fragrant.
4. When done remove sesame seeds immediately onto a plate.
5. Now in the same wok add ghee and jaggery. Slowly jaggery starts to melt. Stir it continuously.When jaggery melts completely and combines nicely with the ghee, add all other ingredients into it – sesame seeds, dry fruit powder and cardamom powder. Adding dry fruit powder makes these ladoos more nutritious, they make a good binding agent and also gives ladoos a very nice nutty flavour.
6. Mix it well until all the ingredients are combined well.
7. Switch off the flame and transfer the mix onto a greased surface or a wok. Let it cool down slightly.
8. Keep a bowl of water near the ladoo mix. Wet your palm with little water before making each ladoo. Otherwise the mix will stick to your palm, making this process a bit tough.
9. Repeat this process till you make all the ladoos. Place the ladoos on a greased surface and let it cool down.
10. Our ladoos are now ready to consume.
11. These ladoos have a long shelf life. You can store it in an airtight container for almost 3-4 weeks.
I’m really happy to let you all know that in order to make all the steps clear, this time I am sharing the recipe video. Please go through it.
Recipe video –
These are tasty as well as healthy. I hope you all like it. Do try these out and let me know.
Happy Cooking 🙂